Monday, December 7, 2009

DOORS

I am currently sitting on the stairs inside Hardy House. Dave and I have built two pair of saw horses tonight, have dampened down and lightly sanded two interior doors. We hope to have stain on them tonight.

Dave and I decided to only work on two of the four interior doors right now. We want to get IN this house and be somewhat ready for Christmas - which is a good idea as it is our turn for hosting Christmas Eve for Dave's family this year.

It is really cold tonight and the snow is flurrying. The barn is freezing and that's where we have been doing the preliminary work. We did the first run at sanding the doors yesterday and it was cold then, too. We are expecting our first winter storm in a couple of days.

I'll add more about the sawhorses - not a big deal and, of course, about the finish techniques we are using. The first door frame just came in the door so I'll be back with you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment