Saturday, October 24, 2009

Staining











After we sanded the backsplash for the vanity and after I practiced the staining (see the stained sample) I stained the routed piece.

When I stained the sample, I stained the entire piece and then wiped a third of it at 5 minute intervals (5, 10, 15 minutes) to see what the difference was. I have to admit that there appeared to be little difference.

When I stained the backsplash, I left the stain on for 15 minutes then wiped it off. I also purchased a wipe on poly. I don't feel that this particular product gives me the sheen or the surface I am looking for so I will be putting a brush-on poly on it. We also plan to be a couple of coats (or more) of poly on the top of the dresser to help maintain the surface if it gets wet, which it no doubt will.

No comments:

Post a Comment