Sunday, May 10, 2009


We are so happy we were able to selvage our upstairs floors. See a later post about that experience, flies included.

This picture is a section of our refinished floors upstairs. Dave sanded and applied two coats of clear poly which brought out the red in the pine. We love the floors but realize they might not be to everyone's liking because of the knots. We don't mind. The boards are variable width and original to the house. Although we used a glossy poly on the floors we will probably finish them further with a satin poly.

To protect the floors we have put down rosin paper and have specifically NOT finished the floors completely because of work still to be done on the second floor. We will add the finish coats when the rest of the work has been completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment