Sunday, June 3, 2012

Why Can't It Just Work the First Time???

So here we go again...

I loved how the finish on the modified oak dresser looked after I put it on and how good it was going to look as our downstairs bath vanity. Not only that, I was thrilled that it was one more job that was getting completed.

Everything was going along according to plan but then...

Dave attempted to install the backsplash and when he removed some blue, low-stick masking tape from it, the entire finish came off! 

Before I began the finish on the top of the vanity, we cleaned it well and believed there was NO wax on the surface. I guess we were wrong. 

So, Dave sanded down the entire surface and now we have a clean top to work with - again.

Here's what it looks like now. We decided to get it installed and then I'll work on the finish again.

No comments:

Post a Comment